Friday, October 21, 2016

RANDOM IMAGES USING A NEW SONY LENS [SONY FE F2.8 70-200 GM OSS]

I walked outside and took a series of random photographs so you cannot really make any quality judgements based on the images that I have published to date.

I ordered this lens at the beginning of August but it did not arrive until today [21 October 2016]. According to my dealer only 11 have been allocated to Ireland and the UK and not many more to the rest of Europe [that may be true and then again it may not be true]. He also said that they are now taking pre-orders for delivery in twelve weeks. Because of the long wait I got a discount of Euro 200.

I have been advised that it is necessary to update the camera firmware in order to  use this GM lens but unfortunately all attempts to upgrade have failed. So the images may not be as good as they should be. Also it should be noted that the available light was poor.

The lens is very heavy and in may be claimed that this defeats the point of purchasing a mirrorless camera and to an extent this claim is valid. To be honest the weight does present me with a problem but I will not discuss this in detail here.

Autofocus is as fast as anything that I have seen to date and the lens is a pleasure to use.



VIEW ALL IMAGES RELATED TO THIS POST
RANDOM IMAGES USING A NEW SONY LENS [SONY FE F2.8 70-200 GM OSS]-121992

No comments:

Most Recent Photographs By Infomatique